Wednesday 15 January 2014

My Bucket List - Blogathon Post 14

I am a planner. I like to plan everything about my day, life, etc. That the plans don't always work out is a different matter altogether :D
There are a few to things in life that I really want to do, before I kick the bucket. So here's my bucket list:

1) Travel to Europe: As a kid bred on Grimms fairy tales and Enid Blyton, Europe and especially England have always held a special charm for me. The English countryside, the picturesque locales of Tuscany, Swiss Alps and chocolates, the Victorian and Goth architecture, the shopping......what's not to love! And then Harry Potter is also from the UK (yes I am a fan!!!) :D

Would I like to settle down there?...Nope...I love my India...thank you very much.
I just want to look around, shop, eat, drink, make merry and come back home to Mumbai.....hihihi
(can I also add Fiji Islands also here? Yeah I know its not in Europe. But its so beautiful :) )

2) Buy an Apartment: For a Mumbaikar, owning a house is the ultimate dream and I am no different. Not that I don't have a house. There is my marital home, then there is my mother's place, my ancestral house, etc......but I haven't earned those. Even if its a 1 room kitchen, at least it will be M-I-N-E. From my own hard earned money. I will splurge on the interiors and do it up my way...entirely!!!
And of course D can say I inherited this house from my mother.....so cool na???

3) Cook Up a Storm: My mother is a fantastic cook....the best in the world if you ask me. I want to live up to those genes :D. Before I die, I really really want to become a good cook and I am working on it....slowly and steadily :)

4) Take D to Walt Disney: Ok he is too young to know anything about Disney (doesn't watch cartoons or even TV in general). But I guess someday he will love Disney (ok ok I admit I love Disney!!!)
Besides, there aren't too many places in the world that are reserved for happiness and children of all ages :)

5) Go to Ladakh: I have already been there with DD, but that was strictly touristy. There is something about the place and the people that just keeps pulling you back. I think once D is settled down in life and doesn't need me around, I would like to go and do something for the people there. Maybe help build a school or teach...I dunno, but Ladakh keeps calling me back.

6) Save lots of money: To achieve Points 1. 2, 4 and 5, this is the most important one.
That brings be back to one of my New Year resolutions.....GO FIND A JOB FIRST!!! :D :D :D

So that was about me.....what about you? Do you have a bucket list?