Wednesday 5 February 2014

Lungi Dance and Obscene Trailers

D is learning his numbers.
Earlier it went something like: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Now it goes: 1, 2, 3, 4.....Lungi dance, Lungi dance ~X(


D hardly ever watches TV, neither do I, yet there is no running away from these filmy numbers, is there?

That bring me to something that really irked me yesterday. While we were channel surfing, suddenly Sonakshi Sinha came on screen spouting expletives! It seems it was a trailer of R Rajkumar that is going to be aired on TV soon. The ad came on so suddenly that one just didn't get the time to react and switch channels immediately.

Makes me wonder, how does the censor board even pass such stuff? Ok I will definitely not let my kid watch that movie (or any such similar ones) on TV, let alone taking him to the theatre. But then what about these trailers that suddenly pop out of nowhere!

Do they expect us to keep the TV switched off at all hours?

Why is there no censorship on the trailers that are aired on TV? Or does the censor board feel that the language used was absolutely normal?

As a mom of a toddler (one who is picking up every new word he hears) I beg to differ.
What's your say?